Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 - A Year of New Challenges!

The year has begun and only time will tell what it brings.

2009 sure had its challenges for us all... and for those of us who live off discretionary income, well, it was that much more challenging.


We are all changing, adjusting and shifting with this new way. I'm now in Florida for my 2010 art fair season. I've done some new and exciting work in my new Ohio studio. I'm designing a new line for yoga studios. With that comes my carved OM tiles...


And my OM pots. Om is a 3-syllable chant (a - u - m) done in yoga and it represents the union of body, mind & spirit, which is at the center of yoga practice.

before
after
A collection of OM pots!

As usual, I'm working on my sculptural wall murals.


Now I'm putting engobes on greenware, then pulling, stretching and carving the clay from there.

I'm experimenting with cone 04 oxidation firing - so see what kind of results I get. (more results as I unload kilns)

more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment